3900s are the most robust synthesizer on the market, but when they are sold used they’re usually pretty “gunked up”. We ensure not only that they are cleaned inside and out, but also upgrade them before sale – see our before/after photos on our main page: that is the same instrument. Here are highlights of the work we put in to each of these instruments to make them end-user ready:
- Removal and subsequent cleaning of each internal fitting to ensure instrument has no residual particles
- Cleaning of all fittings and removable parts
- Replacement of tubing with medical-grade and Peek tubing, as is appropriate to maximize efficient dispense and lifespan
- Replacement of all bottle seals with Kalrez gaskets – a high quality, proprietary compound made by Dupont that is considerably more expensive than gaskets that any other company will install, and we find their value to far exceed any other compound. Their longevity means fewer things leak, maintenance is required less often, and the machine remains running for a longer period of time.
- Upgrade Valve Array with bottom-dispensing Bürkert valves, allowing for crisper, safer dispensing. The Valves are more durable than Biochem valves, and carry a 2-year warranty
- Upgrade column ring with patented O-ring and 4-seal screw version, allowing for a more uniform and reliable positive seal
- Upgrade software to allow independent use of all 14 amidite positions, increasing versatility as needed. Software comes with a computer upgrade that includes windows 7 and dual-hard drives allowing for hotswitching in case of emergency.